Monday 12 November 2012

Strength Of A Woman



She smiles to the world but weeps into the night
She’s a shoulder to lean on, a confidant
A friend with a shoulder to lean on

She’s a nurse and a mother, a wife and a friend
With the magic to mend sore knees
Her tenderness and love are priority to those she cares about
Often forgetting her own needs

She manages to smile even when her heart is breaking
Yet, she hurts like everyone does
She’s there as a listener and a comforter
Even though she feels loneliness too

No-one can see the tears she weeps
No-one can see the hurt inside
She puts a sticking plaster over her heart
And she.......

Smiles to the world and weeps into the night
That’s the strength of a woman


We all know some-one like this , someone who cares about others and who puts there feelings last every time, I dedicated this to my dear friend Sue .


2 comments:

  1. Oh Kira my dear friend - I don't know what to say. I feel very honored you have dedicated this beautiful poem to me. I feel privileged and very lucky to have you as my very special and dearest friend. From the bottom of my heart love and hugs. Sue. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no words Sue, I'm glad that i could give you something personal , sometimes 'thank-you' just doesn't seem enough for you are indeed a special person who puts others first, and i truly appreciate all your support .

      hugs, Kira x

      Delete