Friday 16 November 2012

Love


My Destiny in your eyes


I looked into your eyes and it was as if I had stepped into a dream
I was surrounded by your warmness, and I knew I was safe
My destiny was written in your eyes
I will never forget the first time you held me so close
I knew how your arms felt even before that moment
And as you held me tenderly,
I knew I had come to a place I could belong
I had thought of this moment so many times in my imagination
Yet, the emotion I felt in that moment in time, I can never describe
I knew that I loved you before we even met,
And that in this moment my heart already belonged to you
If this was just a dream then please let me never wake up
Let me stay safe within your heart sleeping,
Held in love
For to wake up and find you are not mine would be too much
I could never bare the pain of this loss
And my heart would break into a thousand pieces at my feet.

 Love i s so many different thing to so many people , but to me love is completeness, love is knowing that nothing will ever change the way that you feel , and love to me is finding my soul mate 

I dedicate this poem to my husband Colin x

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely poem Kira. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Hugs Sue. X

    ReplyDelete