Thursday 15 November 2012

Mobility

Most days my mobility is slow and hindered by extreme pain in my legs , this is like electric shocks shooting through my muscles and also causes extreme tiredness and weakness. Also because of my condition of Fibromyalgia i get stiffness in my joints, my hips; and legs. Weather conditions affect my symptoms too,  and it seems i have no escape from this ongoing condition.

I am in the process of moving to a disability flat , much better than the house i live in at the moment,  as i am finding climbing stairs increasingly difficult , i need to use a high seat for the toilet ( which is upstairs) I cannot bathe or shower independently , needing assistance and having to use a bath lift . So as you can imagine the prospect of moving to a flat is very appealing, everything on the one level, and also a wet room which gives me walk in access to a shower , pure bliss that will give me a little independence back and a much better quality of life hopefully.

Moving is such a stressful event normally but for me i am finding i am absolutely tired out and very emotionally drained. Its difficult for me not to try to help my husband , he is having to do so much on his own  as well as look after me, I find this so frustrating .

It also looks like i am now needing to use a zimmer for moving about indoors, I have until recently managed to walk using furniture as a support , but now i am so unsteady at times there is a risk i could fall . I'm waiting to be assessed by my occupational therapist .

I know i need this support but its killing me to come to terms with it, We all recognise a zimmer frame with the elderly , i'm not anywhere near this age group, i'm a very young 'late fifty' i have a young outlook and i am not ready to be classed elderly ... How can i ever cope with this tag


So much emotional things to deal with , I wonder what lays ahead for me , will i become so disabled that i will become old before my time. How will this affect my marriage , ..... Why me :-(


Kira x



2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are having so much pain and discomfort, I don't know how you cope. It's a case of having to isn't it? Life seems so unfair at times though. I'm sure the use of the zimmer will be only temporally. Sending you a big (((hug))) Sue. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue , hugs back at you x

    ReplyDelete