Monday 12 November 2012

Misty Coloured Dreams


A rainbow with colours so beautiful shines across the skies
Remembering wishes, of fairy tales told and pots of gold
Of dreams to come true and hearts to mend
We walked through endless times of tears
Of broken hearts and life time trials...
We held on so tight and through it all-
So many years passed us by; and yet the child lives on within us
And,
Misty coloured dreams still live on in our hearts 

One day maybe we will find that pot of gold where our dreams finally come true, sheltered by the rainbow

What happened to the innocence we carried in our hearts as a child, where we believed in faerie tales and dreams all came true, for our imagination could take us any place and win any battle.  The child in me never left , she only sleeps and now and then she surfaces needing a hug , needing reassurance that everything will be ok . 

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo tired today, medication tiredness mingles with the lethargy of my condition. My limbs feel wooden and heavy as does my heart. I'm sick of being ill, i'm sick of having to face each new day with the same old battles . I want to be well, i sooooooooooooooooooooooo want to be Kira again, the happy go lucky ; slightly crazy woman who could chatter for Scotland and loved people . I am now this shell of who i was, a memory of someone i once knew , and my fight goes on without no end.

I should be happy that at least i am up out of bed , for there was a time i couldn't get up and i just slept 24/7 . I should be happy that i can sit here and write my thoughts in this blog , but of course i'm not for, i want so much more for myself . My concentration is so limited at times, pain runs through my fingers and limbs, that even writing is often a battle . A battle that i won't give in to , but a battle that always wins anyway .

Today is not a good day , but its my own personal battle and tomorrow is a new day .

Kira x



2 comments:

  1. Poor Kira - your battle is ongoing, your such a courageous women and it show in these beautiful poems. How we long to be our old selves again, but like you say tomorrow is a new day. Love and hugs. Sue. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sue , You have touched my heart deeply with your words, for i know the personal battle you fight daily too, and yet, you have words of inspiration for me. I don't feel brave, i don't feel courageous. Today is not a good day but in my heart of hearts i still look forward to a new day . Thank-you for your kind words, thank-you for your time.

      I think that you don't even know yourself just how much your words inspire.

      hugs from my heart to yours, Kira x

      Delete