Sunday 11 November 2012

Her Silent Heart


In the silence she sits alone with her thoughts
How did she get to this place?
When did her smile die?
Her vulnerable heart cries out with a sense of hopelessness
Hopelessness to change what is now
She is helpless to make that important leap of faith
And still the fight goes on

Her body is weakened by illness
Her courage to fight this ongoing daily fight -is dying
Her heart lies bleeding at her feet
Crystal rears run down her face

Her dark eyes so sad now
Her glow has gone; her rapture no more
She sits in the silence, embraced by her pain
Emptiness surrounds her like a comfort blanket

Her nakedness is there for all to see-
Vulnerable 
This beautiful woman trapped in a snow globe
And still , her silent heart weeps .


There are times when I feel so helpless, times I feel so guilty for I have no control over my emotions , my body dictates how I will feel and sometimes I just feel like my smile has died, and i am taking all those who i love, all those dear to me , I am taking them with me in this downward whirl of emotions .

My pain was so much last night that I have had to increase my medication again , I guess it wasn't such a good idea to try to come off my Gabapentin for my body screamed in pain and i felt terrible coming off them . 

On a positive note I have completed a medical survey regarding Fibromyalgia and i'm waiting on a kit being sent out to me to take to my doctor to complete a blood sample, the reasoning is to help in trials to help understand Fibromyalgia and its cause , and perhaps who knows maybe in the future find a cure . 

NB. All the poetry I put on my blogs are copyrights of myself , if you like what you read , then go to AllPoetry.com and search for Kira Howie where you can read more of my stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kira, so sorry you had to increase the Gabapentin, I hope when you see your doctor he will suggest something that will help you to still try the new medication.

    Your poems are so good you should have them published. The one you've written here is so descriptive of how you are affected by illness, and so beautifully written. Hugs Sue. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colin was going to surprise me with a publisher , he looked into a few but unfortunately their costs were too high . I would love to publish a book one day, and who knows i might yet. Thanks for your comments Sue , it is nice when someone gives feedback , but also understands as i understand and empathise with you. Its not easy being chronically ill is it my dear friend , hugs x

    ReplyDelete