Wednesday 7 November 2012

memory loss

It seems i have lost control in many areas of my life too for example,  I cannot be trusted to take my own medication, I suffer from 'brain fog' I forget things so easily and have taken my medication twice with bad side effects so Colin is now having to deal with all my medication. I also suffer from 'slurred words' and getting my words mixed up when talking, saying words that just don't make sense regarding the the topic or sentence. This is very upsetting for me , but as time goes by we just try to make light of it . I am told that these symptoms are quite normal for Fibromyalgia sufferers.

  I have lost my ability to concentrate , bright lights hurt my eyes, and i can't tolerate loud noise. I find it difficult to be around people , i take panic attacks and crowds make me feel trapped and frightened. I used to be such a people person , I loved people, i loved company, now i live a solitude life with Colin my only company

 I miss girl talk and have talked with Colin about maybe getting a befriender, but its only talk , i haven't done anything about it yet, truth being i am lost in my own world .

I talk daily via txt or email to Sue , she lives in Bristol , we met through Action for ME . We have become such close friends, I never had a sister , she is the nearest thing i now have to a sister and i bless the day we found each other . We bring to each other a calm and deep friendship and we chat away as if we have known each other for years :-) 

My reasoning behind this is to let others know if they suffer any of the same symptoms then try not to let them control your life , its so easy to get trapped in a whirlwind of emotions . Remember that many of these symptoms are normal . Also Action for ME could be a good support group for you to look into and find new friends and company with other people who experience similar symptoms as you .

Kira x

2 comments:

  1. Kira my dear friend, my earth angel, you've brought tears to my eyes yet again, but in a good way. I too struggle with concentration and poor memory, a sign of my ME/CFS and I too make light of it, if I didn't it would drive me mad. I take such great comfort from our friendship. Someone said to me the other day. Would I rather be well and not have the people in my life I love, or be as I am now and have the people I love in my life? The truth is I wouldn't change the way my life is now. In spite of having this life changing illness. I have an inner piece and a feeling of well-being and I wouldn't swap it. Sue. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have touched my heart Sue , so many people go through life just taking things for granted, its not until something happens to change their life that they then consider the effects . I understand completely what you mean, and i am touched deeply by your words x

      Delete