Tuesday 13 November 2012

Acupuncture

Acupuncture  or not ???

 Does it work ???? will it help ???? what should i do ?????

After months of agony and saying to my doctor i wanted to be referred to the pain clinic , my husband   was told by a friend  that i should see a different doctor,  which i did.

 I couldn't believe the difference, i was actually being listened to and for the first time in a long time , i actually felt like a human being with feelings and choices , and that i counted . The doctor made a referral for me while we actually sat there in his surgery.

Unfortunately it took a few months for an appointment to come up , but i was finally seen by the doctor who went over my symptoms and other details , she recommended acupuncture but also counselling therapy as a way to help me manage my pain emotionally , as yet i'm waiting for my therapy appointment , i'm very unsure about it, but i will try it .

Acupuncture for me was and still is something that works really well, it takes a few days to kick in and lasts at the moment only a few days , but to have more energy and to be almost pain free is worth all the discomfort and pain of the treatment. At the moment i get seen every 2 weeks, but hopefully i will eventually be able to go longer between treatments.

I find some needles extremely painful and others i am not aware of them. This is not to say everyone would find the treatment painful, but i would recommend if it work then keep going with it regardless.

If i can do it anyone can !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acupuncture can make you feel extremely tired or maybe just relaxed and slightly sleepy, it can also make you feel nauseous , but not everyone may have these symptoms.


I would also recommend that you push to be seen at a pain clinic , i wish i had done so a long time ago rather than suffer .


Kira x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kira, I am so glad I tried Acupuncture. I have had 4 treatments so far, and I am now going fortnightly until January, then it will be spaced out more. I too find some of the needles painful, but most of them are fine. Its so worth it to be getting some relief from my symptoms. I would definitely recommend it. Sue. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue , Thank-you for sharing your experience regarding acupuncture, I'm so glad that it helps you and i'm sure that if anyone reading this is a little unsure , then perhaps your personal comments and feedback along with my blog , will encourage more people to try this method of pain relief. I hope so , Hugs x

    ReplyDelete