Monday 14 January 2013

struggling

Its been a little while now since i wrote my blog , over Christmas & New year i survived the festive   period but as always payback is hard and just floors me . So much pain and difficulty in even using my hands as my joints are all stiffening up and are very painful . I went to acupuncture last Tuesday but found it so very painful that i couldn't bare the needles at the bottom of my spine and i am finding that now it isn't helping me . My consultant at the hospital has decided to see me mid March to discuss hypnotherapy til which time i am not longer getting acupuncture so i have no idea how things will be for me til March . 

I have recently registered with a new surgery and i saw my new GP on Monday, she was so nice and so understanding . However unlike my last GP who said i was on the full dose of Gabapentin , my new doctor has told me that i can take another 2 tablets a day , so this is now 2 in the morning- 3 in the afternoon, and 2 at nite , i've to take them at this dose for a week then add in another one in the morning . She also said that if they don't help then we can discuss options to change over to Pregabalin ( something my other doctor just didn't discuss with me ) so i have faith in this new doctor that i am being listened to and appreciated as someone who has to deal with chronic pain 24/7 . 

Yesterday i was so down, how i wish for just one day without pain, how i wish that i could just be me for one day . I miss just being able to get dressed and go out , i miss doing normal things and i would do anything just to be independent again . There, my moan for today is out of the way now lolgiggle 

I just want to mention that my thoughts are with anyone who suffers chronic pain or disability , sometimes we are the forgotten ones and we feel that our battle goes unheard . Also our carers , they need support and someone to turn to , yet here in the UK this is an issue that just isn't focussed on enough .

hugs 

Kira x

4 comments:

  1. so true Kira. Society just doesn't seem to understand the impact of pain or disability on sufferers and cares. i feel grateful i can get out and about, but people think that's me, and don't understand the rest of the time i struggle to do the simplest things. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes so true, I think that mostly we need to have a pale pallor, a sad face , and moan constantly to prove we are ill . I feel like you that people just don't understand and we are then forced to try to justify our illness. Never give up on your abilities Sarah for they will become your strengths . Society one day may change their attitudes and become more aware of cfs/me and other disabling illnesses.

    hugs Kira x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, if we don't fit into a certain cat-agree we get forgotten and made to feel guilty. I hope you get a chance to try the Pregabalin. It's a very high dose your on now I hope things settle down for you and you can have some relief. Hugs. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so badly need a hug just now x

    ReplyDelete