Tuesday 15 January 2013

Side Effects

Today my medication was upt by another tablet this morning, I had to take a sleeping tablet in the wee small hours of last nite for i was in such pain, hence the decision to upt my meds again this morning . So now i am taking 900mg of Gabapentin in the morning AND late afternoon , but only 600mg at nite .

Today has been awful for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started shaking and trembling , my heart was pumping and i felt so ill , this lasted about an hour but i had to go to bed and lay down i felt so bad. I got up after sleeping maybe an hour and a half , time to take my other meds :-( same effect and i had to go back to bed, this time i slept almost 3 hours . Got up and i'm feeling ok considering . Still very tired at the moment but at least now my heart feels normal again. Side effects are horrid but i know that they are only temporary . My pain levels today have been low and minimum , don't know if that's because i've slept most of today or if the tabs are working ;-) I will be able to judge better as the evening goes on .


Hugs Kira x



4 comments:

  1. Oh Kira, how awful! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always seem to find our strength from somewhere don't we and the will to go on . Thank-you Sarah for the hug x

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you are suffering at the moment. I guess it may take a while for you to get used to the higher dose. It seems as though it is helping with the pain though. Hugs. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to take a sleeping tablet last nite as the pain in my legs started up with a vengeance, I guess it will take time for my system to get used to the higher dose , also if necessary we can up the dose again but i would prefer not to .Hope you are feeling a little better .

      Hugs x

      Delete