Wednesday 16 January 2013

And so ........

Today i took my two doses of meds with no serious effects tho i'm still feeling uneasy and anxious when i first take them, i noticed yesterday that i was very stressed and anxious which is a new thing for me , today its not too bad , but so far the pain is just as bad, severe burning in my legs and my skin as i write :-(

I was under the impression that Gabapentin is a pain killer but it isn't , the way it works is to deal with the nerve pain and so act as a bridge conductor in my brain ( scary stuff) and it doesn't seem to be working anyway . I'm beginning to think i just have to suffer as nothing seems to help ( long term anyway)

I don't know what to do next , i would appreciate comments and perhaps some info that may help me . UK rules on medication are very strict tho so anything outside the UK may not be accepted by the medical profession.

I would also like to hear from other people who suffer cfs/me or fibromyalgia , share your experiences with me 


Hugs Kira x

3 comments:

  1. i have no experience ofstrong medication - i can only offer hugs and the hope that things will improve for you. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you often struggle with your cfs/me and you csn at times feel isolated by others. Something we seem to share in common . The fact that you empathise and truly understand is more help than you realise . Action for cfs/me did one positive thing for me and that is it allowed me to make friends with people who have illness in common , friends who are supporting of each other is in itself something valuable for often our close ones just don't see our pain and society is ignorant to our needs. Thank-you for the hug Sarah , take care of yourself. Hugs Kira x

      Delete
  2. Thanx. i really value your support and friendship too. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete