Sunday 16 December 2012

Shopping

Its been about 2 months since i was last outside, today Colin took me out to do the last of our Christmas shopping. It felt good to be outside, breathing in the fresh air, even tho a tad cold . I even managed to put on some make-up .

Its a bitter sweet pill for i get so frustrated at not being able to look at the things i would normally spend ages looking at ( dresses and make-up , girlie things) and i feel so envious at other people who just take walking and shopping for granted , its true that you don't miss what you have until its gone. However Colin is really good and doesn't pressure me in the least :-) I'm aware of so many things now, wheelchair friendly shops and  also the ones that are impossible to enter, Friendly staff who don't only talk to Colin and ignore me as if because I am in a wheelchair I become a non person , and people , ordinary people who just stare .....


On my return home  I had to go to bed I was soooooooooooooooooooooo tired that I slept for a good few hours , but I slept with a smile in my heart.

Today was a good day

Kira x

2 comments:

  1. so glad you've had a better day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was nice to get out for a little while, I slept most of ther day when we got back tho . Hugs x

      Delete