Thursday 13 December 2012

pain management & alternative therapies

I spoke to my doctor via telephone consultation this morning  , asking him to up the strength of my Gabapentin , my pain is so intense and now spreading to other new parts of my body plus my bones ( I didn't think i could suffer any more than i do !!!)

Anyway he has informed me that i'm on the maximum i can be of Gabapentin and so is giving me high strength co-codamol to take alongside. It seems I have no option but to dope myself up til i cannot function properly so  to ease my pain in some way. I just cannot imagine the rest of my life living like this , its been over  a year now ......

I guess that from somewhere deep inside, we just carry on in the hope that we find a way to cope and live the best quality of life that we can considering our conditions.

I feel a little abandoned by the medical profession , but I also understand that there is only so much that they can do .

I tried alternative therapies about 6 or so months ago , The Rapha Centre came highly recommended by a friend of Colins , very expensive tho and if it wasn't for the kindness of Barry we would never have managed to go . We are / I am forever humbled by his unconditional kindness .  However even tho i was put on an in-depth course of minerals and vitamins I'm afraid it didn't work for me , i  stuck to it for 6 months taking up to over 20 tablets a day all in , but in the end I chose to not go back. That isn't to say that it wouldn't work for everyone , you won't know until you try .

So I'm sitting here , just a normal day for me as my life is more or less a life of being housebound , its freezing outside so its going to be another day at home , for its far too cold to try to venture out . My daughter came up for a little while, it was nice to see her and Toni , but tiring , Colin did most of the talking , i even find talking tiring isn't that crazy !!!!!


Kira x

No comments:

Post a Comment