Friday 21 December 2012

Hatha Yoga & Candle light meditation

Colin , my husband, has for more than half his life time, followed the practice of, and taught Hatha Yoga . However since last year when I became ill , he gave up teaching to become my full time carer, only now and then doing voluntary practice . Last night was one of those times. 

He agreed to do a practice and candle light meditation in 'The merchant city Yoga studio' Glasgow , all donations going to charity . The turn out was amazing , 50 attended . Judi Farrell organised the event , which took place in her studio . I would highly recommend anyone who is interested in Yoga to go along or google as there are many different practices on offer .

I attended with Colin last night , going in was a bit of a struggle as i had to be carried up 2 floors , broken into 4 sets of stairs in my wheelchair as its not wheelchair friendly and also if anyone has difficulty walking then its important to know that they have to climb stairs, saying that i managed at a snails pace and with help to walk down the stairs at the end of the practice.

THE PRACTICE

This was held by Colin , I ofcourse couldn't physically take part , but i went thro this in my head and the benefit i felt emotionally was amazing . After practice Colin then did a candle light meditation leading into yoga nidra ( this is a deep relaxation practice )  although again i was in my wheelchair , i haven't felt so relaxed and my body at peace since i became ill, during this i didn't jerk or feel any pain , and when i came out of it , I felt such a emotional connection and spiritual peace and feeling of stillness, it was beautiful . 

I've spoken to Colin about how i felt and we have both decided to try me with regular 'yoga nidra' in the hope that it continues to help me .


To anyone reading this , I would highly recommend they seek out a Hatha yoga and try this , I can almost guarantee that it will work wonders for them and their condition .

I'm tired today, but no more tired than i would normally be, and i have to say again how much I enjoyed last night . It was so good to also see people I knew from when I practiced yoga with Colin .


Thank-you to Judi for organising this event and to Colin for giving his time to lead the practice . When I know which charity the donations from last nite will go to , i will add this into my blog .

There was £255 raised for charity , going to 'Fareshare Glasgow' who are a charity helping people in the local community who are in food poverty .


Kira x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kira, sounds amazing. I'm so pleased you were able to attend and it all went so well. I am definitely going to try the Hatha yoga in the new year, I feel sure it will benefit me.

    Happy Christmas to you and Colin. Love and hugs Sue. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that you will enjoy going to yoga. I've been very tired over the past few days , but i'm trying to rest up as much as possible now so that i'm fine for Christmas day as we are going to my daughters for a family meal :-)

    Happy Christmas to you and Steve too , hugs x

    ReplyDelete