Monday 24 June 2013

For Dermot

Hello Dermot,

I know your friend Ken through our love of poetry , he told me a while back that he'd passed my blog on to you . So i thought that its about time i do the right thing and say 'hello' welcome you to my blog page.

I can never know how other people feel or cope with their disabilities etc but i do try to understand and if i can 'lend a listening ear if needed' In the event of you reading my blog please understand that my blog is exactly that 'my blog' i try to be as honest about my feelings as i can, i try to not 'dress up' my emotions for i want to connect with people who suffer similar as me,


 i want also to do this for myself, its a way of coming to terms with my illness as well as this new tag i have 'disabled person' wow was that ever a bitter pill for me to swallow, every where i looked even in my nice new home, for i had to move as i couldn't handle the stairs in my house anymore, every  part of normal living was taken from me all i saw was disabled... i fought with my feelings and emotions, i fought with my illness getting so upset and went thro the why me era, after all , i was a caring person, so why did this have to happen to me, i caught an infection 2 months after getting married and infection that floored me and left me with Fibromyalgia that spread through my body so quickly it was unbelievable how severe the symptoms robbed me of my life . I am honest to say that if i knew this was going to happen i would never have married Colin. I went through a terrible guilt in the early days , for Colin had to give up his life to look after me , this sacrifice i will never forget and i will always be grateful for , but i still feel bad about.

I have days when I'm fine and i have days when i am in such pain and i can't even get out of bed that i wish i could just close my eyes and never wake up .

Anyway Dermot , all i want to say is that if ever you want to talk then feel free to contact me . Plus i do hope that you will read my blog now and then . Take Care,


hugs Kira x




No comments:

Post a Comment