Wednesday 29 May 2013

My Wheelchair

My wheelchair is now my new best friend , she goes with me every where i go, supporting me, and enjoying shopping trips as well as hospital visits .

I have every respect for my wheelchair, after all she has to carry my weight , not an easy task as since i got ill i've put on at least 2 stones , much to my dismay , and much to my disgust i am now a size 16 from a size 12 . I used to work-out all the time, people used to ask me what was i training for , i was so into my circuit training , now i can't even walk never mind do a 2 hr workout as i used to

Its been a long hard journey , even introducing my wheelchair to my body was difficult , in my head it shouted out 'disabled person' and suddenly i became invisible to others , for example when shopping i was overlooked and suddenly my husband became the main one and i was ignored , it hurt but people are strange creatures aren't they and i cannot be accountable for their ways .

Anyway i just wanted to give my chair a mention, after all she is a big part of my life , without her i wouldn't get around, i wouldn't get out ( i hardly get out as it is ) and without her i would have to struggle and my life would be a hundred times worse..

So dear wheelchair , thank-you for helping to make my quality of life so much better than it was .

Hugs Kira x


No comments:

Post a Comment