Thursday 21 February 2013

There is no simple answer to pain relief and remedies that may help make sufferers life more bearable. I have tried a few alternative therapies. I was recommended to visit the Rapha Centre in Comrie , i was assessed for mineral and vitamin deficiency and put on a 3month course of meds , i went as far as taking the meds for 6 months but realistically i didn't notice any definite difference . This is not to say it won't help anyone else and to go with an open mind is the key factor. I also did a 6 month course of controlled acupuncture, I found this to be extremely painful and every session was a s painful as the one before . however i did notice a difference in my energy and pain levels at first but these did not last long so my doctor has now discontinued my treatments. My next course of action is hypnotherapy , i'm keeping an open mind about it but i must be honest with myself and i am extremely wary about this . I've to see my hospital consultant on 7th March 2013 to discuss and make an appointment.

So many options, with no real benefits , i don't mean to sound down but i sometimes feel the medical practice are just shooting in the dark and not really doing anything positive to help me , while i go on living in this shell of an existence day after day . The video i've uploaded is such a beautiful one that isn't it apt to play when we feel down, a song to remind us that we are indeed special and it is a wonderful world in many ways .

hugs Kira x

No comments:

Post a Comment