Wednesday 27 November 2013

Housebound issues

Many of us just take our life for granted, its normal, yet now when i see someone walking down the street wearing nice shoes i get sad, for i can't wear nice shoes unless they are stuck in my wheelchair stirrups so they don't fall off, and even then my legs hurt badly.

Being housebound we can get stuck in memory traps, going over and over our nice memories just to keep us feeling good. I now know and understand more fully the process of the elderly and reminiscence, its just memories that are stuck , like a video just playing over and over. we have no control over our own head videos do we. I'm sure many will relate to this part of brain fog.


I lost my hair, i had beautiful long dark hair almost to my waist when i got married just before i got ill . I loved my hair, my crowning glory so to speak . Medications and stress led me to lose my hair . I've not been brave enough to openly show pics of me until  now , but i did today . After all this is a process many go thro, people who have chemotherapy; alopecia;  for example then there are the ones like me who endure long term illnesses. .

my hair is growing back slowly , white , i've decided to stay white rather than colour it when it comes back, anyway i can't put my arms above my head so Colin would have to do the colouring for me, he's good at that too as he did my roots before lost my hair, he also does my nails and my make-up for me i really feel blessed he is mine and is such a good husband and carer , too much hassle for to get it coloured now , even if Colin did it and i can never know when i will be well enough to sit up for long periods of time and the colouring may damage my scalp. So many things have changed in my life now.

I wrote my letter to Santa , all i want is to be well enough to enjoy Christmas day with my husband . My perspective on life and the things that are important to me have also changed. but i think that deep down i was always a good person who just made bad choices until now for i was never the one at fault. How thing in general have changed now , attitudes to things etc even 10years ago things like marriage and divorce were looked at differently. Getting deep now Ooooooops

So anyway today my blog is about me and attitudes of others , this came about really because of Marjory a friend on FB I never knew that you were so compassionate in your thoughts, come to think of it i never really knew you and you never really knew me, we were passing work colleagues but i would like to think of you as a friend . You have inspired me today so that's a good thing, well good for me anyway. I wonder do we ever really know someone or is it just our own judgement of that person that we go by.

And the others who are housebound and suffering daily I'm sure they can also relate to some of my thoughts
Have a good day wherever you are , know that i also think of you


Hugs Kiara x

No comments:

Post a Comment