Thursday 9 January 2014

Mobility & Pain Relief

Its a lovely day here in my little part of Scotland , but cold. I'm in alot of pain today , mostly in my arms getting lots of spasms too ,  i'm fighting going back to bed til this afternoon at least.

We have just booked a holiday in Torquay for a week in June so i'm really looking forward to it. Initially we planned to go abroad but i wasn't sure about flying as i've heard that it can increase pain because of the air pressure in the plane, also i worried incase i took ill abroad, ok we would have insurance but it concerned me just regarding the language barrier and my illness in general , so we opted for some place nearer home. Have never been to Torquay but it looks beautiful.

My hands are very swollen today :-( it makes it more difficult for me to type , also my concentration is waning, I normally ask Colin to read or type my mail for me when i feel like this . My arms feel like someone has a hold of the tendons and are playing then like the strings of a harp, making the nerves very sensitive and painful for me. I have an appointment to be seen at the Physiotherapy dept next week , i'm wondering what they can offer me because the last time i was seen a year or so ago i was told that they couldn't do anything as my level of pain was too high. I'm also wondering if this is just a routine thing . Not good if they knew how difficult it is for me to actually get there to see someone . I'm keeping my options open.

I've also got an appointment to see my doctor in two weeks to discuss my pain and assess my meds again. I am on alot of meds for pain and muscle relaxants, but what i take for pain just doesn't touch it and there are times i just can't cope. A friend has told me about Q10 as a painkiller , however Colin researched this and its said that half of the people studied felt it helped but just as many said that it didn't do anything for them . We will discuss this option along with some other stuff that Colin has researched eg, Satavex this is a spray form of cannabis medication that is primarily used for MS patients .  Considering the symptoms are similar between MS and cfs/me & fibromyalgia there is a chance that this could help. Anyone interested in this should also discuss this option with their doctor. The up side of taking this spray for pain is that other meds may be decreased so effectively decreasing side effects . Watch this space as i will write again after i have seen physio and my doctor.

Hope you all have a good day or as good can be expected .
Hugs Kira x

No comments:

Post a Comment