Friday 17 January 2014

Doctor assessment for my pain

I saw the doctor this morning regarding the worsening of my symptoms and pain. He has suggested that heat can help eg, baths; showers ; bathing pool such as hydrotherapy, or any other heat treatments that i may feel comfortable with.

I'm really low in mood as i'm finding things very difficult to cope with , he has increased my Venlafaxine as he says if he can get my mood up then i will be able to cope better and react better to my painkillers. He didn't discus in detail Sativex but did say that many medicines go under different names. Colin spoke to him about what he had found out about Sativex but it didn't go any further. The doctor did state that he wants us to make another appointment to see Dr Harrington at the hospital pain clinic to ask her to refer me to a pain occupational therapist. We updated him regarding our visit to see the Physiotherapist and i'm a little confused about seeing her and also seeing a pain occupational therapist in the event that visits and treatments may clash, but until we see her we won't know. So Colin has to phone to make an appointment, these unfortunately are always weeks/sometimes months to wait to be seen.

I think Colin is frustrated with me, and i understand his concerns , its difficult for us both . Relationships suffer so much when there is long-term illness and disability . We just need to try our best and hang in . This illness tries both of us and it hurts emotionally as well as physically . I'm sure that anyone in a relationship and suffering as i do will also relate to this.

I maybe go along to the Fibromyalgia support group in the Dundas Resource Centre in Grangemouth, meeting other people might help me so if i am okey on the day i will give it a try - wish me luck. I understand the importance of groups like those and i would recommend them even if its only for the social factor. Sounds good on paper but in reality much more difficult to acheive.

Hope everyone out there has had at least one thing that is positive to reflect on today.

Hugs Kira x


No comments:

Post a Comment