Tuesday 17 September 2013

the pain clinic

I was seen at the pain clinic this morning, all they could offer me for pain relief from now on is morphine and she talked to me about the outreach clinic , but I'm afraid i don't want to be picked up once a week or whatever and taken to a lunch club to sit with 60 and 70 + years olds . I have nothing against the elderly , jeez i worked with them for years but i don't want to become old before my time!!!  She discussed with me that the pain relief and management can only be helped with me becoming more active and also pain relief , however there are severe side effects from taking morphine long term so i refused this also.

It seems there is no way forward for me except acceptance and just get on with it . I feel so low today and such a burden on everyone

I'm sad :-(   

Kira x


No comments:

Post a Comment