Thursday 4 September 2014

Fibromyalgia

I had never heard of Fibromyalgia until i got ill and was diagnosed with it , i then thought i was hit with an illness with no cure, what would i do now? oh no !!!!!! devastation; fear; ignorance ....

As the months went by i began to have more severe symptoms and i felt so alone, it seemed i had no support and i would just have to bear this on my own, and so i decided to help me cope and possibly learn more about my illness and its symptoms i decided to write a blog , never dreaming that anyone would be interested enough to read them  WRONG !!!!!! i was so surprised just how many people were interested enough to read my blogs , and suddenly it seemed that everyone was getting diagnosed with this terrible illness

My friends Sue, Ann & Val....
and just recently Karen 

then there is the other people i have come into contact through cfs/me support group and Fibromyalgia support 

I just wanted to say that although my blogs are very personal to me and my symptoms, not everyone develops full body Fibro and not everybody has to give up work and end up being in a wheelchair and needing a full time carer BUT everyone needs support and a shoulder to cry on , everyone needs friends, everyone needs support

So.....
I'm glad that i decided to write when i can and i'm glad that perhaps in some small way i have managed to help someone in need

They say that things happen for a reason , well maybe i got Fibromyalgia so that i could help others in a way the medical services can't , and maybe the only positive that has come out of this horrible illness for me is the fact that i have been able to help other people 

So Karen if you read this , know that you are in my thoughts, Fibromyalgia is a frightening thing and it just is so overwhelming at times , but if ever you need to talk , i am a good listener ....

And, if you decide to read through my screeds of blogs , well then i hope that they can help you make sense of this illness and your emotions and feelings. Sometimes just knowing that you are not alone helps immensely

To anyone out there who reads this i wish you well
Hugs
Kiara xx



No comments:

Post a Comment