Wednesday 17 April 2013

11 DAYS AGO ....

11 DAYS AGO ,

I went to see my GP regarding my meds in the hope that she would prescribe a more adequate medication for me , as she had previously prescribed me a muscle relaxant Lorazipan then took me off this as she thought it was making me too sleepy. A few weeks later i went back to see her as i just couldn't stand the pain and the spasms i was having to put up with, she then prescribed me Baclofen within a few hours i had totally lost all control of my muscles, i was having severe muscle spasms, and  causing me to lose my grip and caused me to let a cup of scalding hot tea fall all over my legs and lower body, luckily Colin managed to cool the burn area with cold wet towels and so managing to stop any blisters forming . Colin phoned the hospital who advised him on what to do to help me but also saying he should call back if my symptoms worsened. Unfortunately they got much worse and i fell  on two occasions when my legs just gave way causing me to fall , hurting my back and leaving bruises . Colin phoned the hospital and a doctor visited me in my home , having seen me the doctor phoned an ambulance to take me to hospital. I have spent two weeks in hospital undergoing tests and scans of my brain and my body . I'm pleased to say that i do not have a brain tumour which was my worst fear . I am also now put on what seems to be the correct medication to suit my illness and my symptoms . I have been put on Pregabalin for treatment of Fibromyalgia  and taken off Gababpentin , I have also been taken off Dihydrocodene and started on Tramadol . Its still early days but already i feel less pain . I have also been given a zimmer frame for use about the house .

My husband Colin has been through such a stressful time these past two weeks and i honestly don't think i could have got through this without him.

 Colin my darling you are my hero and i love you endlessly xxx



hugs Kira x

2 comments:

  1. oh dear! u have had a rough time! so glad u r feeling better now. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time and patience are such a rare thing for we always look forward instead of in the now. one thing i've learnt is to be thankful for what i have and treasure my family and friends. Dear Sarah you are one of those friends who have touched my heart , thank-you. hugs Kira x

      Delete